Raise you hand if you are so happy that summer is here! Raise both hands if you are happy that summer camp is here!! Hooray for summer camp! My kids absolutely love it – in fact, they start asking way before Passover when it is finally time to go
So, yesterday was the day! The first day of camp. They swam, they danced Zumba, they colored, and they baked cookies. They ran through sprinklers, learned new songs and met new friends. And at the end of the day, they were exhausted.
Today, it was really hot and muggy out, and I wanted to make them a cold, refreshing snack they could enjoy on their way home.
I had about 5 minutes until my husband had to run out to get them, so I whipped out my blender and made them a strawberry banana smoothie with Greek yogurt and a little local honey.
And the best part about this recipe is it uses frozen bananas. If you are scratching your head wondering if I really just said “frozen bananas,” yes, you can freeze them. When they are ripe, just peel them and pop them in a Ziplock Freezer bag. You can keep them frozen for months. I love adding them to smoothies since they give it an instant creamy texture and icecream-like taste.
Looks and sounds yummy, right? So, let’s make it:
- 6-10 ice cubes
- 8 large ripe strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 generous Tbsp. of Greek yogurt
- Honey to taste (we use raw, unfiltered local honey)
- Milk to taste
- Add ice cubes, washed and halved strawberries, frozen banana chunks, yogurt and some milk into a blender and blend on ice crush or high setting.
- Add more milk until it becomes the consistency of a thick smoothie.
- Add honey to taste.
- Fill in mason jars and enjoy before it melts.
What is your favorite summer smoothie recipe? We would love to hear it – feel free to shout out in the comments below.